Friday, July 16, 2010

Prepping for the slab




The shed is jacked up and the builders are preparing the slab for the top up.  This is Brett and Corey. Brett used to be my next door neighbour at my last house in Sherwood.  In a bizarre twist, he has also done most of the renos on the house.  

The jacks propping up the house are much smaller than I thought they'd be. I was expecting some sort of scissor lift action, but nope, just a few poles with springs.

I've also decided that a conventional size door would be more practical - it would make more space in the granny flat, and also aesthetically it would look more pleasing.  So the guys have taken the whole front panel off and will move it to the right when they put it back together.

Bring on that Contract Variation...my budget is blown already!

No comments:

Post a Comment